Dry ice is extremely cold with a temperature of -109°F and must be handled with caution. Dry ice can cause severe frostbite upon contact to the skin, and do internal damage if ingested or inhaled. Keep dry ice out of the reach of children and animals.
Risk of Exposure
Do not ingest dry ice. Avoid direct skin contact with dry ice. Always use thick gloves, tongs, or a shovel when handling dry ice.
Risk of Explosion
Do not confine dry ice in airtight bottles or containers. Dry ice releases gas as it sublimates, if packaged in a container that does not permit the release of gas it could expand and cause personal injury. Always store dry ice in an insulated cooler designed for the storage of dry ice.
Risk of Asphyxiation
A large volume of carbon dioxide (CO2) gas emitted in a confined space, or other unventilated areas may create an oxygen-deficient atmosphere. Dry ice must be stored in a well-ventilated location. Never store dry ice in a cold room, warm room, or storage closet unless adequate supply ventilation is provided. Do not place dry ice directly on a tiled or solid surface countertop as the extreme cold may cause damage.
Disposing of Dry Ice
If there is excess dry ice left after use, dispose of the remaining product in a well-ventilated area. This will allow the dry ice to safely sublimate. Never dispose of excess dry ice in a public area, in a trash receptacle, or directly in a drain as this may lead to injury or damage.